Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 3 Preview



SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
This could go either way. I feel as if both of these teams are very unpredictable and very inconsistent. Sure, the K.C. Chiefs are 2-0 but last week Cassel was discouraging to say the least. The 49er's played some good ball against the New Orleans Saints last week but the week before they were all over the place. I would look for this to be 100% rushing game. Between Gore and Charles, I would expect a 300+ rushing game. I really don't know what to expect. I would guess that this game will go to home field advantage because playing in K.C. is a difficult task...Damn Chefs.

San Francisco 22, Kansas City 24

Update:
Who knows? Cassel looked great throwing for 250 yards and three touchdowns. Between Charles and Jones they rushed for 192 yards. On defense, Brandon Flowers is making a name for himself. This team is looking great. Are they the real deal? I guess we will have to wait and see.

San Francisco 10, Kansas City 31



DETROIT LIONS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Well in week one, the Lions were robbed. In week two, the Lions were taken advantage of. In week 3, the Lions will be up against a team that desperately needs a win. Favre needs a victory to keep himself in this league. My prediction is this...Lions come out and go up on the Vikings by 14 at the half. Favre gets benched due to too many interceptions and Jackson takes over the reigns. Jackson has a 300 yard second half to beat the Lions by a point.

Detroit 21, Minnesota 22

Update:
Minnesota was not about to let the Lions beat them. I think there is still a big question mark over Brett Favre's head. With him struggling, Minnesota went back to the basics named Adrian Peterson. AP rushed for 160 yards. AP is looking like himself now that Brett can't seem to throw the ball to his own team. Most notably, the Vikings defense was truly impenetrable. They shut the Lions down in the second half.

Detroit 10, Minnesota 24

BUFFALO BILLS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Well this is not going to be a pretty game. The Bills are dreadful. This is the worst match up of the week. Welker, Moss and Fred Taylor will have exceptional days.

Buffalo 10, Patriots 28

Update:
Well the Buffalo Bills came to play today. I thought New England defense would be able to stop them more effectively. Welker was non resistant throughout this game. Fred Taylor left the game with a toe injury.

Buffalo 30, New England 38


ATLANTA FALCONS @ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
This is the runner up game of the week. Saints are strong but truly showed their weaknesses last week against the 49ers. Matt Ryan is looking to etch is name into the Hall of Fame. Look for Matt Ryan to move the ball around and not continue with his trend of just hitting Rodney White. I would bet to say that Tony Gonzalaz has a 70+ yard day. I am going out on a limb with this and say that the Falcons will beat the Saints at home.

Falcons 28, New Orleans 24

Update:
I thought the Falcons would pull this out. Tony G. had a big day and Matt Ryan was playing above calibur.

Atlanta 27. New Orleans 24 (OT)


TENNESSEE TITANS @ NEW YORK GIANTS
Titans and Giants are both struggling this year. The Titans need to ensure that they are not turning the ball over. I know that Coach Fisher said that Young was the starter this week but for this game. I would use Kerry Collins. Here is the deal, the New York Giants are an aggressive passing team. The Giants will be looking to put up a lot of points quick and this calls for the Titans to do the same. Young is not that kind of quarterback. Young is a finesse player who can make plays. If Collins were the starter I would say that the Titans may have a chance. With Young as the starter, I predict that there will be interceptions and lots of them.

Tennessee 14, Giants 31

Update:
Well, obviously I do not know what I am talkign about. The Giants looked awful in this game. Young was quite impressive and regained his title as the starter this week.

Tennessee 29, New York 10


CLEVELAND BROWNS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS
Hmmm. I really don't know what to say except that the Browns will not be able to do anything against this defense. I would expect to see a lot from the Ravens struggling offense. With the money that has been laid down to create this offense, the Ravens should be invincible. I would look to Ray Rice and Derek Mason to have a big day.

Cleveland 3, Baltimore 17

Update:
I hit the nail on the head with this one. Baltimore smoked Cleveland. However, instead of Mason having an exceptional day, it was Anquan Boldin. He had 142 yards and three touchdowns. Wow. I bet Arizona is kicking themselves now. Cleveland did surprise me however. They were able to execute some great plays against the Ravens strong defense.

Cleveland 17, Baltimore 24


DALLAS COWBOYS @ HOUSTON TEXANS
Now this is must see T.V. The struggling Cowboys vs. the give up 400 passing yards a game Texans. Ok. I am betting on Romo to have a huge day throwing for 500+ yards. Not because Romo is good but because the Texans pass defense is awful. The Texans want this win bad and the Cowboys need this win bad.

Dallas 33, Houston 35

Update:
Dallas performed really well on Sunday. Romo looked great but so does every quarterback against this defense. Dallas really needs to find themselves or this season is lost. Texas have got to get better on their pass defense this is pathetic. The Texans opponents have thrown for 1143 yards in three games. This is sad. Also, the Texans have trouble protecting the quarterback Schaub has been sacked 9 times in the last two games.

Dallas 27, Houston 13


PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Steelers will dominate this game not only defensively but offensively too. They have a proven experienced leader in Charlie Batch and I am betting on the fact that Batch proves that he could be the leader of this football team. Tampa Bay has a very big problem at Quarterback. Look to see Josh Freeman dump passes to Ernest Graham and Kevin Winslow.

Pittsburgh 28, Tampa Bay 14

Update:
Well, my prediction was pretty accurate. Charlie Batch stood out as the man who took charge he only threw for 185 yards but had three touchdowns on the day. He also had two interception. Josh Freeman looked pretty good but did exactly what I thought he would do. Freeman was pulled because he couldn't get into the end zone and back up Josh Johnson came in who eventually scored.

Pittsburgh 38, Tampa Bay 13

CINCINNATI BENGALS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS
This is not a good match up. The Bengals offense is entirely too strong for the Panthers. Look to Ochocinco, and T.O. to have a huge day.

Cincinnati 22, Carolina 9

Update:
Nothing to really report. The Bengals won. This team needs to step it up if they want to be a playoff team. The Panthers are weak and this should of been a much easier game for them.

Cincinnati 20, Carolina 7


PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
This should be the game of the week, but its not. The Eagles have determined that Vick will be the starter. I would expect that the Jaguars rush for majority of the game. There is a big question mark next to their quarterback situation. Jacksonville defense is awful to say the least and the Eagles are not that much better. I would look to Vick and Eagles to make a mockery out of this match up.

Philadelphia 33, Jacksonville 17

Update:
I thought that Jacksonville would of shown up for this game but that didn't happen. Vick proved his dominance and has proven himself as the leader of this football team. I am glad Reid came to the realization that Kolb wasn't about to run this offense as effectively as Vick.

Philadelphia 28, Jacksonville 3

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ ST. LOUIS RAMS
This is another awful game. I think each and every week the Redskins continue to improve, even with their loss to the Texans last week. The play calling for the Redskins is maybe the worst that I have seen. I know that Shananhan likes to run the ball but with such a talented quarterback, throw into the end zone. I would bet to say that this is a high scoring game.

Washington 38, St. Louis 22

Update:
Who am I to question one of the greatest coaches of all time. But come on...McNabb should be throwing into the end zone. This is absolutely pathetic that he isn't being used to his ablity.

Washington 30, St. Louis 16

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ DENVER BRONCOS
This could be a fun match up. Playing in Denver is never an easy task. This game really depends on the health of the Broncos. If Champ Bailey is ready to play, I would guess that the Colts will struggle against the Broncos at home.

Indianapolis 22, Denver 21

Update:
Sorry, I thought Denver would of scored more at home. Just goes to show you that this coach was the worst idea that Denver has had.

Indianapolis 27, Denver 13

OAKLAND RAIDERS @ ARIZONA CARDINALS
I am calling this the game of the week. I know...its crazy. I think this will be the most exciting game to watch. The Raiders did the right thing by putting Gradkowski in. This is going to be hard nose football at its best. Both teams will be running the ball and throwing for short yardage. Fitzgerald is amazing but matched up with Asomugha this is maybe the best match up all week.

Raiders 22, Arizona 21

Update:
I will post a blog about the Game of the Week. Many people questioned me as to why I would pick this game as the game of the week and if you watched you know.

Raiders 23, Arizona 24

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
I feel bad for the Seattle Seahawks. This years schedule couldn't be worse for this team. If you all remember that Seattle used to be in the AFC west. Playing against old division rivals is always difficult. I would look to Phillip Rivers to have an amazing day against the struggling Seahawks defense. This should be a fairly decent match up but I will bet on the Chargers to pull this one out.

San Diego 24, Seattle 21

Update:
Seattle came to play and they did well. San Diego just said goodbye to their playoff hopes.

San Diego 20, Seattle 27

NEW YORK JETS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS
I will probably eat my words as to why the Raiders vs. the Cardinals is the game of the week. This game is BIG!!! I will be front row for this game. The Jets look to continue their dominance in the division while the Dolphins look to continue with their victories. Dolphins will continue to mix it up between Henne and White. Shotguns and Wildcats. I believe that this combination is a mixture that the Jets will not be able to fight off. The Dolphins defense was truly impressive against the Vikings last week and I would expect them to come out stronger this week.

New York 28, Miami 31

Update:
Well, the Jets are the real deal. Braylon Edwards had a big game and so did Tomlinson. I figured this would of been more ground and pound but both teams did very well.

New York 31, Miami 23

GREEN BAY PACKERS @ CHICAGO BEARS
Ok...maybe this should be the game of the week, but it's not. The Packers. The Bears. I am at a loss for words. I think Green Bay is too strong for the Bears. I think that both of these unbeaten teams will play the best football that we have seen all year. Woodson has 5 picks on the Bears and I would bet to say that he will get another this week. The rushing factor...I think that if the Packers rack up the points on the Bears early the game is over. But if the Bears keep it close, I would look for a Bears victory. Matt Forte may have another 100 yard game.

Green Bay 32, Chicago 33

Update:
Green Bay choked. Chicago took this ball game. In my opinion, the Packers played a good game. Sure, it was a little sloppy with all the penalties but for the most part the Pack played a good game. Nothing by Woodson. Nothing by Forte. I scored this game way too high.

Green Bay 17, Chicago 20



My record: 10 - 6 for the week










No comments:

Post a Comment